Employment Notification Highlights
Latest & Upcoming Jobs in Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare: Career and Vacancies in www.desw.gov.in
The Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare is controlled and managed by its parent ministry: the Ministry of Defence. DESW is headed by a Secretary and deals with all resettlement, welfare and pensionary matters of Ex-Servicemen.
Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare ( Poorva Senani Kalyan Vibhag) is a department, in Ministry of Defence, India. It was set up in 2004. The head of Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare since its inception has been a bureaucrat from the IAS.
Veteran have for long demanded that DEWS be headed by a serving officers or a retired officer, like in other countries, including the United States, in which the Department of Veterans, is invariably headed by veteran with active duty military experience, with a cabinet rank. For instance the current head of the department is graduate of West Point, and has served in the army.
The main functions of Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare DESW:
- Matters relating to Armed Forces Veterans (Ex- Servicemen) including pensioners;
- Armed Forces Veterans (Ex Servicemen);
- Contributory Health Scheme;
- Matters relating to Directorate General of Resettlement and Kendriya Sainik Board;
- Administration of (a) the Pension Regulations for the Army, 1961 (Parts I and II); (b) the Pension Regulations for the Air Force, 1961 (Parts I and II); (c) the Navy (Pension) Regulations, 1964; and (d) The Entitlement Rules to Casualty Pensionary Awards to the Armed Forces Personnel, 1982.
The Department has two Divisions:
- The Resettlement Division, and
- The Pension Division,
and 3 attached offices as given below:
- Secretariat of Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB),
- Directorate General (Resettlement) (DGR), and
- Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS) Organisation.
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare (DESW):
99-A, South Block New Delhi-110011