Employment Notification Highlights
Ministry of Labour and Employment : Latest Jobs Notifications 2020 for Vacancies in Ministry of Labour and Employment
Read this article to get the brief details about The Ministry of Labour & Employment. If you want to get employed under The Ministry of Labour & Employment then keep visiting our govt job portal: 20govt.com as we regularly publish recruitment alerts for all of the govt departments under central govt.
The Ministry of Labour & Employment is one of the oldest and most important Ministries of the Government of India. The Ministry of Labour and Employment is India’s federal ministry which is responsible to protect and safeguard the interest of workers in general and the poor, deprived and disadvantaged sections of the society.
The Ministry of Labour & Employment aims to create a healthy work environment for higher production and productivity and to develop and coordinate vocational skill training and employment. However, Skill Development responsibilities, such as Industrial Training and Apprenticeship responsibilities were transferred to the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship from 9 November 2014.
The Ministry launched the National Career Service portal on 20 July 2015 to help bridge the gap between job providers and job seekers.
If you dont find any job notification from this ministry then you should visit this page to get the details about the Upcoming Govt Jobs.
Main Functions of The Ministry of Labour & Employment:
- Labour Policy and legislation
- Safety, health and welfare of labour
- Social security of labour
- Policy relating to special target groups such as women and child labour
- Industrial relations and enforcement of labour laws in the Central sphere
- Adjudication of industrial disputes through Central Government Industrial Tribunals cum Labour Courts and National Industrial Tribunals
- Workers’ Education
- Labour and Employment Statistics
- Emigration of Labour for employment abroad
- Employment services and vocational training
- Administration of Central Labour & Employment Services
- International co-operation in labour and employment matters
The Ministry of Labour & Employment : Organisation
The attached and subordinate offices, autonomous organisations, adjudicating bodies and arbitration bodies are:
- Directorate General of Employment 
- Office of Chief Labour Commissioner has the power to rusticate any labour in charge of the country
- Directorate General of Mines Safety
- Welfare Commissioners
- Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)
- Employees Provident Fund Organisation
- Central Institute for Research & Training in Employment Service
- National Institute for Career Service
- V. V. Giri National Labour Institute
- Central Board for Workers Education
Central Government Industrial Tribunals and Labour Courts
Central Labour Institute